Pantone's color of the year is green. This may surprise you as it did me at first. This is a color often ignored in home design. I'm glad to see it coming back as a influence in design, especially for Spring. It's a color that represents nature, health and new beginnings. I think we can all use that in our lives and especially our homes. Here are six easy and simple ways for you to incorporate this lively color into your home decor.
1. Mix in succulent plants. I'm a huge fan of succulents plants. Not only do they have style they are so easy to care for. They can easily be added to your existing accessories. Place one on your nightstand, bookshelf or bath vanity for added vitality vibes. You can grab these at your next grocery trip to Trader Joe's as well as IKEA.
2. Just add throw pillows. Toss a green accent pillow on your sofa or bed. Green works well with most colors, so you shouldn't need to change your existing color scheme. I love this palm leaf pillow which will make your home completely on trend. The affordable palm pillow option above is available at the Etsy shop ThePoshRobin.
3. A tree in the corner. Fiddle leaf trees are a great way to bring the outdoors in. Place one in an empty corner and you will be feeling instantly organic. Be sure to put it inside a chunky woven basket for added nature texture and style. A tree will also improve your homes air quality, so you can breath easy in style. These trees and baskets can be found at IKEA or your local garden store.
4. Accent green lamps. Swap out your bedside, console or end table lamps with a green version. This will add a pop of color and style in an easy way. Visit Birch Lane to see this gourd lamp option that is affordable and fun.
5. A bowl of green fruit. This color also signifies good health. Fill a bowl in your Kitchen with shiny green apples, pears, limes or avocados. This small change could have you making healthier food choices while giving added color to your space.
6. A green throw blanket. I always add a throw blanket to my designs. Whether it's draped on a sofa or bed it's a must. This gives a space that pop of color and texture. It signify's comfort and relaxation which is important in all spaces. Get the throw blanket shown above a Target.
Inspiration photos are a great way to gather ideas for your home. This post was inspired by Douglas Elliman. I encourage you to check out some of their Florida Real Estate for more home decor ideas this Spring!
decorator in a box
With Annie Pauza's guidance, you can affordably transform your space into a place that reflects your style and personality. As an online interior decorating service, Decorator in a Box lets you maintain control through the do-some-of-it-for-me process, and gives you everything that you need to bring an expert aesthetic to your home.